The successful candidate will be a member of the Corporate Tax Group for Europe, with a focus on supporting growth through acquisition.
The successful candidate will support the growth of the business in Europe through the provision of tax advice on acquisitions. The role involves the scoping and management of due diligence, in the majority of cases, by external advisers and the effective reporting of tax risks and proposals to mitigate such risks. Coordination of the post-acquisition integration strategy and tax support of acquisitions are other key aspects of the role.
An essential element of the role is effective team working with different teams throughout the life cycle of acquisitions from assessment of targets to post acquisition integration. Effective communication both within the Global Tax Group and the wider business is key.
The role requires the ability to:
- Work effectively within the European Tax team, interact effectively with both tax and non- tax colleagues, the Client (as required), Legal, Treasury, Finance, HR and external advisers
- Assist in the development and efficient maintenance of processes to manage M&A activities across the business
- Effectively manage/coordinate the projects assigned, related to the acquisition and related integration of entities.
- Support and provide technical advice to the relevant teams as required.
- Manage the input of external professional advisers
- Support other functions and objectives of the Global Tax Group as appropriate.