About the team
PwC’s Accounting Services (AS) are a leading market focused business, providing corporate accounting services to national and multinational corporations, with a focus on helping them remain compliant and providing insights to their operations. It’s services are relationship based, high quality and process and cost efficient delivered by a technically proficient, innovative, commercially focused and agile national team. It is a team that respects and values each other and has a strong reputation and profile.
As part of PwC, the largest global accounting firm, AS offers a challenging and exciting career path. AS has a varied and prestigious client base and works with various specialists in their own field which, combined with the importance placed on continuous technical training and personal development, provides an excellent opportunity for career development.
About the role
The AS team is looking for a qualified ACA / ACCA Manager, with broad accounting / finance experience gained working within practice, to join our expanding Accounting Services (AS) team. AS provides outsourced accounting services. These include:
- The preparation of local GAAP statutory financial statements (SFS).
- Providing skilled accounting resource on secondment, where there is a temporary need for additional resource.
- Bookkeeping and preparation of periodic management accounts.
- Advising on statutory accounting compliance requirements.
- Advising on improvements to the SFS cycle i.e. the production, audit and filing of SFS.
A Manager in AS requires the ability to manage a portfolio of clients and to work on ad hoc projects. An AS Manager needs the ability to apply their accounting compliance knowledge to major proposals to help manage and grow the AS accounting compliance portfolio worldwide. In addition, the ability to contribute to the development of the accounting advisory service offering with regards to process improvement, technology, risk and controls is required.
The role also requires an ability to take responsibility for the management of accounting staff, as well as participating in group management matters such as, effective financial management of own portfolio of clients and participation in group technical training meetings.
Essential skills and experience
- Qualified ACA / ACCA with management experience in a medium to large accountancy firm.
- Strong accounting skills and technical knowledge on financial reporting matters including the ability to work from first principles.
- Good working knowledge of UK GAAP and some awareness of US GAAP and IFRS.
- IT literate, ideally with some experience of accounting packages and good excel spreadsheet skills.
- Highly professional attitude to providing a quality service in a deadline driven environment.
- Self motivated with strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong supervisory skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to develop and coach staff.
- Demonstrate flexibility in changing client demand environment.
- Proactive and be able to identify opportunities for business development
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity