About the team
We are looking for a Manager to join the Midlands Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) tax team. You will be called upon to play a key role in delivering quality tax advice on a wide variety of M&A transactions.
The team works on many of largest regional transactions supporting our wider deals team but also sources work from many national and international clients ranging from Private Equity Houses to Public Sector clients.
The team has a truly global reach in terms of facilitating transactions across different territories. The collaboration between PwC teams locally and overseas, calls upon the extensive M&A network to tailor for each individual deal or transaction to deliver a one packaged solution to our clients. The dynamic deal-based nature of a lot of the work in M&A will present the opportunity to work with leading PE houses, investment banks and law firms in complex and often high-profile deals.
Some of the services and products provided by the M&A Tax team include:
- Performing Tax Due Diligence reviews which involve looking at existing and potential tax issues, tax compliance and tax risks for clients wishing to sell/acquire businesses.
- Provide Tax Structuring advice to help clients operate their business in the most tax efficient manner e.g. devising tax efficient acquisition and disposal steps for clients buying/selling businesses and implications of withholding tax, corporation tax and payroll taxes.
- Tax Modelling, to simulate models of future tax liabilities of companies to help our clients make informed economic decisions and shape their business strategy.
- Pre and post deal services, including assisting clients with pre-acquisition re-structuring and implementing new tax planning ideas.
- There is a lot of opportunity within the team to get involved in different individual areas of specialism, meanwhile keeping focus on the bigger picture of any deal or transaction.
- Tax Due Diligence Reviews
- Vendor Assistance
- Tax Structuring Advice
- Tax modelling
- Funds flow
- Management tax planning
- Sale & Purchase review service
- Post deal implementation services
- PFI deal structuring and modelling advice
- Transaction tax and VAT advice on deals
- Stamp Duty
You will be expected to work under your own initiative and to liaise effectively with other advisers; and also play a key role in managing and developing clients and junior members of the team.
The role offers high levels of responsibility, the satisfaction of working on interesting and challenging assignments and participation in a successful team.
About the role
Your day to day duties will include:
- Managing tax implications on an ever changing deal portfolio.
- Delivering bespoke tax advice, working closely with other M&A specialists as well as other parts of PwC in order to best service your clients needs.
- Working closely with other members of the team on a wide variety of deals.
- Coaching and development of junior staff.
Although previous experience of M&A work is an advantage, this is not essential as support and training will be provided. The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate:
- Strong UK corporate tax technical ability and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Commercial awareness.
- Good networking skills
- Ability to work under time pressure is also important in the M&A environment.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity