Purpose of Role
To provide international Indirect Tax advisory services offered by Vistra to its clients. As a Manager you will also be required to identify, communicate and advise on opportunities and risks which are applicable to Vistra’s client portfolio
- The position is an advisory role in which international indirect tax guidance and information is delivered to clients in order for them to manage their transactions and business operations in an efficient and compliant manner from an indirect tax perspective
- Provide specialist advice on the full range of Indirect Tax issues to internal and external clients.
- Assist the Director of Indirect Tax in identifying Indirect Tax services offerings and opportunities and work with internal resources to promote such offerings to existing and prospective clients.
- To attend meetings and conference calls with clients and prospective clients in order to discuss potentially complex technical areas of indirect tax, or to promote the services of the Indirect Tax function at Vistra.
- Liaise with internal and external client resources to effectively handover to the Indirect Tax Compliance team any positions that they would need to be aware of in order to complete the Indirect Tax returns for clients in the appropriate way.
- Act as first point of contact for a number of specified key client accounts, in relation to Indirect Taxes, in order to support the rest of the business in delivering world class services to Vistra’s clients.
- Develop internal and external client relationships in order to leverage further service opportunities and to further enhance the international reputation of Vistra’s Indirect Tax team.
- Support the Director in identifying and communicating relevant changes in legislation and policy which will impact Vistra’s clients from an Indirect Tax perspective, through team meetings and marketing tools such as blogs and webinars.
- A strong working knowledge of the full range of Indirect Tax matters that impact clients which are expanding internationally.
- The ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of current Indirect Tax issues and how such issues apply to clients in the context of their business.
- The ability to deliver high quality advice which meet and exceed client expectation and to ensure such advice is provided within the agreed time frame
- An ability to effectively prioritise tasks in order to meet the needs of the client and the needs of the business whilst maintaining an attention to detail and a flexible approach.
- Knowledge of ERP and finance systems would be beneficial as well as some basic accounting knowledge.
- A basic knowledge of concepts such as transfer pricing and permanent establishment would be beneficial.
- The ability to liaise with tax authorities directly and indirectly in order to affect efficient and positive outcomes for Vistra’s clients
- A flexible and dynamic approach to operating effectively within a fast paced client service environment.
- A CTA or AIIT qualification is desirable although not essential depending on experience.
- Strong track record of advising on technical Indirect Tax matters in a client based environment.
- Knowledge of Indirect Tax on an international basis is preferred although not essential.
- Good MS Office skills
- Knowledge of ERP and finance systems would be beneficial