We are looking for an experienced Tax Assistant Manager/Manager to join our growing Personal Tax team in Winchester. The full time role will primarily involve compliance work, running the tax return season and dealing with clients’ other statutory filings, but will also include advising clients on tax matters as required.
Your client base will include a mixture of business owners, self-employed individuals, landlords and HNWIs. We are particularly strong in the area of non-doms and expats, so experience in this area would be an advantage but it is not essential.
- Liaising with clients to request the information needed to prepare their annual Self Assessment tax returns.
- Reviewing the tax returns prepared by junior colleagues and sending the returns to the clients for approval.
- Dealing with client queries and providing advice as required.
- Working with the tax director as and when required on more complicated tax matters.
- Managing the billing arrangements of your clients to ensure the effective running of the business.
- Coaching junior team members.
- Good organisational skills – you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the tax return season for a large number of clients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong multi – tasker.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- At least three years working in a Personal Tax role, ideally with some exposure with expats and non-doms.
- Qualified to ATT or CTA level. Support would be available for an ATT qualified applicant wishing to sit the CTA exams.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- In the Personal Tax team we use the Digita suite of programs extensively. Experience of using Digita would be useful, but not essential.
Tax Innovations offers an excellent benefit package including: 20 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) which will increase to 25 days, competitive pay, death in service, employer backed pension scheme and support for any necessary training whilst working with us. We are keen to support all our staff members, allowing you to grow and even experience other roles within our company. We are building a team of motivated individuals who collectively will provide an excellent service to our growing number of quality clients