37000 - 43000
about 1 month ago
Due to recent growth in the tax department and winning a number of impressive new clients, this large independent firm seeks a Mixed Tax Manager to deliver high quality tax compliance and advisory work to SMEs. The successful candidate will enjoy a wide variety of work, including:
• Handling their own portfolio of compliance clients, which includes taking responsibility for all aspects of tax compliance and liaising with clients and audit colleagues to obtain information and run the compliance cycle efficiently,
• Assistance with HMRC enquiries and investigations, including report writing, financial analysis and technical research,
• Tax advice to SMEs, such as corporation tax planning, R&D and Patent Box claims, capital allowances, group reorganisations, EMI option schemes and some international tax matters,
• Tax advice to business owners, including income tax planning, advising on the acquisition and disposal of businesses and properties,
• Providing a technical resource in relation to ad-hoc enquiries.
You must have experience of handling a large and diverse portfolio of clients and an appetite to become involved in advising SMEs and their shareholders on a range of tax issues. You will also preferably have a recognised professional qualification in taxation or accountancy, such as the CTA or ACA.