Opportunity for an experienced Tax Accountant to join FTSE 100 business in Norwich
Hays Senior Finance are pleased to be working in partnership with this FTSE listed business, based in central Norwich . We are looking for a Manager to join their Tax team, which provides expert tax services to companies within the Group.
This position is based in Norwich, working with colleagues across five locations. The team covers a wide scope including operational and transaction taxes, insurance premium taxes, corporation tax, VAT and employment taxes.
This role will primarily be focused on providing operational tax advice and support relating to investment assets held worldwide and may also include work involving other taxes as experience permits, in order to ensure the most efficient use of resource across the wider team.
The day to day responsibilities of the role will include:
- Liaising with colleagues and within custodian banks to ensure appropriate prioritisation
- Ensuring accurate and appropriate operational tax documentation is in place across the business
- Assessment of custodian bank performance on operational tax deliverables
- Ongoing consideration of improvements and development of process automation
Skills & experience we are looking for:
- Either an accountant, qualified tax professional or otherwise comparably qualified by experience (gained either in industry or in practice)
- Strong operational tax knowledge and experience, with an ability to readily evaluate and effectively communicate the impact of new developments
- Strong capabilities in Excel are essential, as is good experience of building and editing documents
- A great teammate with an open, collaborative and proactive approach, willing to test new ideas and embrace change, looking for opportunities to identify and address key issues and simplify existing processes
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £45,000-£65,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme