Leading law firm based in the City is currently looking for a Partnership Tax Accountant.
Your new company
This leading city based law firm are looking to recruit a Partnership Tax Accountant.
Your new role
- Ongoing monthly maintenance of Partners' tax reserve accounts and resolving queries where necessary.
- Analyse and post UK tax payments into the firm's accounting system and ensure amounts reconcile to tax liability figures
- Maintain schedules of non-UK tax payments and tax liabilities for various jurisdictions, and reconcile to tax assessments (following up with the relevant tax adviser or tax office where relevant);
- Managing the annual cycle of reconciling and paying out partners' tax reserve accounts.
- Reconciling the partnerships Italian partners' tax reserve accounts.
- Reconciling US partners' tax reserve accounts, which includes liaising with the firms US colleagues.
- Calculating and posting deferred tax, corporation tax and other adjustments to the partners' tax reserve accounts.
What you'll need to succeed
- The candidate should be educated to degree level or equivalent and hold an accounting or tax qualification;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Able to think broadly and demonstrate a good level of initiative;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an excellent eye for detail;
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and prioritise, ensuring that deadlines are met;
- Attention to detail to ensure high level of accuracy of work.
The Taxation team deal with a great deal of sensitive personal data relating to Partners. The candidate must be capable of dealing with tact and discretion in his/her dealings with Partners and capable of ensuring that the confidentiality of the information is maintained.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.