Leading law firm seeks a Partnership Tax Advisor for this small in-house team based in the City
I'm currently working with a leading law firm who are currently looking for a qualified Tax Adviser to assist in all aspects of the Firm's tax compliance for UK and non-UK Group entities, partners and seconded staff; to support the Head of Partnership Tax in relation to various projects; and to deal with ad-hoc enquires and requests relating to partnership tax matters.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Preparation of the LLP's partnership tax computations
- Liaising with third-party advisers reviewing the LLP's partnership tax computations, managing their review timetable and dealing with queries
- Preparation of the LLP's partnership tax returns based on the partnership tax computations
- Liaising with third-party advisers in relation to the Group's various companies on the preparation of the corporation tax computations and returns
- Managing corporate tax payments on account in relation to the Group's various companies
- Preparation of the tax disclosure note in the LLP's accounts and Hong Kong office accounts on an annual basis; liaising with colleagues in the Finance team and auditors, as appropriate
- Managing the Italian office year-end close for tax purposes; liaising with Italian partners and third-party advisers to manage the process efficiently
- Preparation of partners' Self-Assessment tax returns annually
- Ensuring partners' Self-Assessment tax is paid on time each January and July
- Liaising with third-party advisers for joining and leaving partners to ensure smooth handover
- Reconciling partners' tax reserves including calculating tax equalisation adjustments
- Managing the US tax compliance process annually for UK partners including liaising with third-party advisers
- Preparation of Closing Statements for departing partners; liaising with the Finance and HR teams to ensure these Statements are prepared accurately and on a timely basis
- Liaising with external payroll providers to process payrolls for offices in Australia, Japan and the BVI
- Providing advice on the tax and social security implications for internationally mobile partners and employees
- Liaising with third party advisers to complete year end entity and employee tax filings for offices in Australia, Switzerland, Singapore and Hong Kong
- GST and payroll filings for Australian office
- Managing tax affairs for partners in international offices, including preparing new partners' cashflow statements, reconciling tax postings for current partners, and providing tax support for leaving partners.
- Assisting in various ad hoc projects for the Group as they arise.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate requires an excellent academic background, educated to graduate level and CTA qualification preferred although not essential, provided they have equivalent professional experience. Ideally you will have worked in a similar role within a professional services partnership, with the ability to use your initiative and be proactive.
- Professionally qualified essential (CTA preferred)
- International partnership tax experience essential
- Experience of preparing UK Self-Assessment tax returns essential
- Knowledge of tax reserving in professional partnerships preferred
- Experience of US tax compliance preferred
- Accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of CCH Personal Tax preferred
- Experience of working in an in-house role within a professional services partnership preferred.
Skills and attributes
- Highly PC literate particularly with good Excel and database management experience
- Excellent attention to detail together with a methodical and organised approach
- First class written and verbal communication skills
- Able to influence and build strong working relationships with internal clients and colleagues in a collaborative and supportive manner
- Commercial aptitude with a modern, pro-active approach.
- Energy and enthusiasm to move projects forward
- A hands on approach to problem solving
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.