Outstanding, newly created role within the in-house tax function of a global law firm. Great team great role.
Your new company
This is a newly created role sitting within the in-house tax function of this global law firm. This is an opportunity to be part of a team of nine tax and accounting professionals. The role reports to the Head of Partner Affairs and Tax and will involve interfacing with Partners, Business Support Directors, local / regional accountants and external advisors.
The organisation is currently going through a really interesting time of change and innovation and therefore the hiring manager is looking for a similarly like minded individual.
Your new role
- Liaison with overseas advisors across EMEA and Finance Controllers to ensure timely international tax compliance;
- Corporation Tax computations for the Partnership's UK service companies;
- Partnership profit sharing calculations and tax reserving calculations;
- UK Partnership Tax computation, including double tax relief claims;
- Maintenance and reconciliation of Partner tax reserve accounts in line with tax return;
- Improving existing processes and establishing robust procedures in the new accounting system;
- Management of joining and leaving processes for Partners, including introductory Partner meetings;
- Coordinating responses to ad hoc queries from partners and Business Support Directors;
- Supporting wider Finance Team colleagues with international withholding tax management and recovery;
- Supporting wider Finance Team colleagues with international projects and initiatives;
- Dealing with ad hoc queries relating to areas such as Employment Tax and VAT.
What you'll need to succeed
This would be an ideal role for someone at a manager grade looking to make their first move in-house or indeed someone who is in-house and looking for their next move.
- ACA/ACCA/CTA (or overseas equivalent) qualified;
- Experience working in a professional services or Financial Services environment;
- Practical experience of UK Partnership and Corporation Tax returns;
- Ability to interact with senior stakeholders in a professional and eloquent manner;
- An enthusiastic team player with strong communication skills;
- Self-review, discipline and intellectual curiosity;
- High and focused energy levels.
Additionally, it would be a real advantage to have exposure to International Tax issues and some Personal Tax experience although this is not essential. Strong experience in the use of Excel- INDEX MATCH, Pivot tables etc is essential.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to work in a meritocratic environment and within a supportive and inclusive team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.