Personal Tax Assistant for a mid tier accountancy firm based in Uxbridge
Your new company
This accountancy firm are specialists in providing wide ranging business solutions for small and medium sized businesses. They are dedicated to delivering an exceptional service that will contribute towards their client's business success. As a medium sized accountancy firm, they provide a wide range of services including audit and accounts, tax compliance, tax planning, payroll, financial planning, HR and company secretarial.
Your new role
The role of the Tax Assistant is to support the Tax Department by doing the following:
- Managing a mixed portfolio of clients
- Processing self assessment tax returns
- Identifying tax planning opportunities
- Undertake general tax compliance work, including keeping records of tax payments, advising clients of key filing and payment dates and communicating with HM Revenue & Customs.
- Preparing company benefit forms P11D
- Assisting other departments with technical tax queries.
- Liaising with clients.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working within a personal tax department environment (ideally a minimum of 2 years experience in practice
- ATT qualified (or part qualified)
- Income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax experience
As a Tax Assistant, you will have a good working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Word and Excel. Good organisational skills, problem solving and communication skills are also important, as is a motivated and proactive approach.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. If you are ATT qualified (or part qualified) and have experience in personal tax, this is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with like minded people in a stimulating environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.