Private Client Tax Manager required by leading Birmingham Accountancy Firm
Your new company
A leading Birmingham Accountancy Firm requires a Private Client Tax Manager to join their hardworking Tax team. The PCS Team service their diverse range of clients across the UK and Worldwide providing expertise in all aspects of tax as well as collaborating across the whole Firm to deliver wider business solutions. This Firm is offering a challenging opportunity and a career that will give you autonomy and progress your career.
Your new role
As the Private Client Tax Manager you will be the key point of contact within the firm for the client, responding to, and anticipating, client requests/needs. You will keep clients informed of progress of the service provided, maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Take full responsibility for project delivery on client portfolio
- Manage portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection
- Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
- Liaise with HMRC
- Ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets, keeping client/Partner /Associate Director informed of overruns, planning staff assignments
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Associate Director/ Senior Manager
- Work as part of management team providing support to the rest of the Tax team
- Actively participate in the management of the group through Partner/Manager meetings
- Training junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance,
- Recognise business development opportunities
- Participate in bids/proposals for new work
What you'll need to succeed
The successful Tax Manager will be CTA or ACA qualified with proven experience within Private Client Tax. Strong communication skills and ability to guide and supervise less experienced colleagues. Happy to challenge current practices and champion change, taking responsibility for actions and decisions.
What you'll get in return
This is an opportunity to join a highly reputable Firm that offers outstanding ongoing career prospect along with excellent remuneration and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.