Personal Tax Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Personal Tax Manager to join a top 10 firm in Guildford offering the opportunity to focus on advisory exposure and progression opportunities.
A top 10, firm of chartered accountants and business advisors based in Guildford. An established firm with expertise in many fields of tax, accountancy and finance, they deal with clients ranging from large, listed corporates and SMEs to individuals, their families and their businesses.
They offer clients a high level of partner involvement, together with the combined knowledge and experience of an established team.
The Practice offers a great progression path coupled with industry leading benefits some of the highlights include flexible working and private medical care.
- Responsible for a portfolio of private clients, including self-employed, employed, high net worth individuals, landlords, Trusts and Partnerships.
- Liaise with clients in writing, via telephone and in face-to-face meetings
- Liaise with third parties, including HM Revenue and Customs, brokers, banks, and solicitors
- Advisory work provided on an ad hoc basis in connection with various tax issues such as non-doms, owner managed businesses, Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax planning
- Work on HMRC investigations
- Supervision of secondees and junior staff, including training/mentoring, delegating and reviewing work
- Acting as manager in relation to a portfolio of smaller assignments where junior staff will complete the work
- Preparing bills for clients and liaising with managers and partners to discuss WIP/bills.
- Other admin duties to assist in the smooth running of the team
- Participating in marketing and other business development opportunities for the benefit of the Tax Division
- The ideal candidate should be educated to degree level
- Must be CTA and/or ACA qualified
- A personable individual who can work well within a team with good communication skills