Portfolio Manager job Senior Accountant job multi office firm Surrey ACA ACCA
Your new company
My client, a 6 Director Firm with 3 offices across the home counties, requires a portfolio or accounts manager to join their team. Working in one of the satellite offices, you will be working on a portfolio of clients from a mix of backgrounds. My client is looking for someone who is looking for long term stability within a growing firm of chartered accountants.
Your new role
- Manage a portfolio of clients, ensuring all deadlines are met accordingly
- Be responsible for statutory accounts preparation, corporate tax returns and straight forward self-assessments
- There is no audit
- The portfolio of around 100 clients consists of limited companies, sole traders, partnerships, with a speciality towards farming and agricultural clients and their estates (no previous experience required)
- Attend client meetings, visiting clients on site as needed.
- Have full autonomy in your role
- Have working knowledge of IRIS
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant, ACA or ACCA or equivalent, or qualified by experience with several years' experience in a senior role. You will be efficient and organised in order to manage your portfolio accordingly to ensure all deadlines and requirements are met. You will have a personable character with good communication skills to liaise with clients. You will be able to work autonomously, with your direct report based in another office, allowing full management of the accounting cycle to lie with you.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary dependent on experience up to £50,000. There is on-site parking, 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 30 days after two years of service. Pension contributions start at 11% rising to 15% during service. My client offers a very stable office environment with long term opportunities available for the right candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.