Global Private bank looking to recruit a Tax Specialist for its team.
Your new role
The Capital and Income Service Team operates as part of this global banks UK front office banking team, working alongside the UK and other banking teams across EMEA, to support the private banks proprietary service linked to UK RND individuals.
This role is to increase the capacity of the existing team to market, manage and develop the service as well being involved with client and adviser liaison in conjunction with other wealth advisory, banking and custody, investment and lending specialists. Additionally, the role will also include in-house liaison too with Control Functions, Business Risk and Change, Operations & Technology and External Advisers where appropriate. Finally, the role may require you to undertake further qualifications, particularly those associated with the Securities Institute (CISI) and ultimately FCA certification.
- Support the other members of the EMEA CISA / UK RND team with day to day business/queries.
- Partners with Bankers, Investment Counsellors, other product specialists to support the sales and delivery of private bank products and services.
- Build and maintain relationships with the private banks clients and their professional advisers.
- Develop ideas to help win business and enhance the service proposition.
- Demonstrate an awareness of general financial planning and use of wealth and estate structuring for ultra-high net worth clients.
- Work in close partnership with client's tax and legal counsel to assist clients in finding appropriate solutions.
- Develop relationships with lawyers, accountants and other intermediaries to encourage business development/referrals
- A strong approach to managing business/tax risk is required - both in terms of managing discussions with clients and discussions internally with product partners.
What you'll need to succeed
- The ideal candidate will be tax trained/newly qualified; and/or have strong skills in tax advisory/financial planning/wealth structuring; to provide for increased capacity for existing headcount to focus on business development.
- Has knowledge and awareness of structuring and rules relating to international clients specifically UK resident non-UK domiciled individuals ("UK RNDs") or structures to which there is a nexus.
- Is currently in a similar role in practice or has worked in a Bank in a client facing role.
- Would serve as a resource to Private Bank clients and prospects in relation to their complex needs in respect of structuring, investments from a UK RND perspective.
- The candidate would need to demonstrate aptitude in managing risk and identifying scenarios which may need to be escalated to tax, business risk and compliance teams.
- Can demonstrate compliance with and maintenance of any Continuous Professional Development of any Professional Bodies of which they are members.
- Travel may be required
- Minimum ATT and/or CTA qualifications (or equivalent)
- Experienced as a tax adviser with a leading law or accountancy practice or Bank or Multi/Single Family Office
- Experience of advising UK RND high net worth clients
- Investment product knowledge would be preferable but not essential
- Robust approach to risk management
- Confident with strong relationship skills
- Able to make sound judgement under pressure
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.