Due to continued success an excellent opportunity has arisen for a senior Private Client specialist to join the highly successful advisory team of this Big 4 firm. Working in Manchester, as part of a UK wide group of professionals, providing tax advice to high profile UHNW clients in the local region. Nationally the team is led by 5 Partners and comprises over 120 client facing staff. The North team has teams based in Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle. There are approximately 40 client facing staff in the North serving clients across the region. The team is looking for a Senior Manager and a Manager in Manchester and there is a clear path for progression at both levels.
The high- quality client base consists of:
- Wealthy families who are typically UK resident and domiciled and most often have realised their wealth through the ownership, operation and / or disposal of private businesses
- Shareholders and Management Teams of Private Companies to whom transaction and post transaction tax advice is provided
- Professional Partnerships and Partners – A specialist team based in Manchester serves a small number of large professional partnerships
- UK Trusts – served by a specialist team based in Leeds
- Advice to clients who are UK resident and non-domiciled in the UK.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of UHNW families. These are ongoing clients where the role typically includes the management of the annual compliance cycle. This involves running the communication with the client and managing the compliance centre of excellence. Where relevant this also includes the management of enquiries
- Delivering advisory projects arising from the client base and for standalone advisory clients. This will cover the range of private client tax advice including advice on shareholder issues (e.g. de-mergers, succession, and family holding companies), IHT, property structuring, residence and domicile
- Transaction tax advice to shareholders and management teams
- Advice to non-domiciled individuals, families and trusts
- Team Management – acting as performance manager for team members and participation in the regular management meetings in relation to the operation of the Manchester and wider North team
- Business Development – acting as the private client team representative on internal, cross discipline targeting teams. Responsibility is shared across the management team and the teams focus on transactions, property and private businesses.
As a guide, a typical portfolio of clients will be around 10 family groups which will involve circa approximately 40% of time, with the balance focused on ad hoc advisory projects, team management and business development.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant/tax advisor (ACA/CA/CTA) with experience of working with clients in an advisory capacity. Experience gained in a tax boutique, independent practice with a strong private client portfolio, or leading Top 10 firm is most relevant. We are also keen to speak with candidates from a legal firm background who can demonstrate tax advisory and client engagement skills.
What’s on offer
The firm offers a market-leading salary plus annual bonus, and at both Manager and Senior Manager level a cash car allowance and free NCP parking Mon-Fri. In addition the firm contributes a minimum of 5% of salary to a pension contribution and provides life assurance, private healthcare, personal injury cover, generous holiday entitlement and a huge variety of flexible benefits to choose from.
The firm operates formal and informal flexible working policies, through which working hours can be flexed to meet the candidate’s personal circumstances and working from home for part of the week is supported and accommodated.
Future career progression
The North private client team is growing strongly and a business case has been identified for a Director role based in Manchester and focusing on the Manchester and North-West marketplace. It is expected that this role will be filled over the next 2-3 years from internal promotion from within the team.
To apply or discuss these opportunities in confidence please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 503 0035