A newly created Private Client Senior Manager (US Tax)role for a client that is looking to develop this specialism within its Private Client function for the first time. A great opportunity !
My client is a well known and respected BIG 4 consulting business. They have a well established Private Client function but until recently have not had a team that deals specifically with the provision of personal tax services to US Citizens based in the UK. This hire will be amongst the first to be made within the Private Client US/UK team and provides a fantastic opportunity for career growth and progression - it would be hard for this team not to see phenomenal growth.
There are currently 5 Partners, 3 Associate Partners and 12 Directors across the national Family Office and Private Client (FO&PC) business and ambitious growth plans will support continued investment at these levels as well as for more junior resource. It is a nationally run business with five core service areas:
1. Transactions and Entrepreneurial Shareholders;
2. Ultra-High Net Worth Individuals;
5. Investigations and Enquiries
One key FO&PC area that we do not cover is the provision of personal tax services to US Citizens based in the UK.
We are looking for a Private Client Senior Manager (US Tax) to join our FO&PC team in our London US Private Client Practice. You will be expected to participate in bringing new offerings to the market helping to develop new areas and ensuring a good flow of work to the group as a whole.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will build and expand your network (internal and external) to generate more opportunities for Private Client:
Enhance and build the advisory offering through a combination of improving the skills of the team
* The individual would be expected to delegate effectively, review work and have the ability to encourage and foster the development of the team members.
* Identify potential risks and deliver innovative and competitive solutions.
* Recognise and develop opportunities to further grow the national business.
* Advise clients regarding relevant planning opportunities (CGT, IT, IHT)
* Confirming tax efficiency of investment
Qualifications and Skills for the Private Client Senior Manager (US Tax) role in London.
Senior Manager candidates should have a proven technical track record but this is just a part of what we are looking for. In addition you should have:
* Appropriate professional qualification e.g. ACA/ACCA/CTA or equivalent. (incl been a registered US tax agent)
* Previous experience of working in management positions and experience of working in a similar environment with experience of US Private Clients and varied advisory assignments
* Excellent technical specialist knowledge and expertise on all matters relating to tax returns and self-assessment including aspects relevant to US citizens based in the UK.
* Proven track record of building long term client relationships with high ranking C suite senior executives and high net worth individuals which often generate advisory opportunities.
* Market facing leadership skills.
* A passion for delivering exceptional service achieved by strength and depth of client relationships and a strong belief in value delivered through Private Client in your chosen specialist area.
* Ambition and drive that matches the ambition that we have for this business.
* A strong team ethic and the ability to grow resources and personally invest both within your immediate peer group but also more widely across the firm.
An unrivalled opportunity to join a BIG 4 practice in a brand new US/UK team with excellent career progression opportunities. A competitive Salary of £80,000 - £90,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus.