Private Client Tax / Trust Assistant Manager job in Ipswich with Top 10 firm
Hays are recruiting a Private Client / Trust Assistant Manager for a Top 10 firm in Ipswich. This role will provide Tax compliance and advisory services for a wide range of private clients, including trusts.
Primary responsibility will be to assist the Managers and take control of a portfolio of clients and their day to day tax compliance affairs, whilst overseeing junior members of the team and reporting into the relevant Manager, Director and/or Partner.
You will be self-motivated, able to work to tight deadlines, have excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills together with an ability and interest in understanding their clients' business. Project involvement:
- Responsible for all day to day tax compliance affairs of clients, and involved with related advisory matters, whilst being supervised by Manager/Director/Partner and communicating effectively to the rest of the Tax team
- To review, tax and trust returns, IHT forms and letters prepared by junior staff
- To review work produced by more junior members of staff
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Manager/Director, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Understand and adhere to cost budgets, meet reporting timetables, prepare key client reporting documents
- Ensure WIP is monitored and liaise with their line manager on client billing Sales and Marketing:
- Supporting bid teams in tenders for new work.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities where they exist for the wider business.
- Ensure professional standards are met and supervise, support and importantly, develop more junior staff
- Communication and representation:
- Develop professional relationships with clients and within the firm
- Provide an efficient and pro-active service to clients and ensure that the clients' needs are fully met
- To support and work as a team player in achieving activities for their business area
- Ideally to work on own initiative
- Consult with colleagues and Partners on technical and risk matters.
- Ideally CTA and/or possibly STEP qualified or equivalent
- Competent review of junior work without generating significant Manager review points
- Significant understanding of and previous experience within trust tax compliance and advice and within the wider private client role.
- Excellent client service skills
- Excellent knowledge of Tax compliance products as well as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- An understanding of general accounting principles
- Tax advisory experience useful but not essential
- Supervisory experience preferable but not essential
- Able to demonstrate the keenness to get on and do a good job and assist with growing the practice.
- Highly competitive salary
- Ongoing training
- Flexible benefits package
Please contact Cara Whyte at Hays to discuss further or apply on line