Working closely with the Tax Partner to deliver a high quality tax service to clients whilst building up your own knowledge and expertise within the Tax Department.
You will acquire a small portfolio of clients, but will also assist the Partner and Director team to actively pursue new relationships with directors and shareholders of owner managed and family businesses. Typically, you will be advising Privately Owned Businesses and high net worth individuals on a whole range of issues, including (but not exclusively) succession planning, trusts, how to tax efficiently structure commercial transactions, arranging clients affairs to legitimately minimise tax, group reorganisations/demergers, incorporations etc.
• Provision of high level technical and tax planning advice to clients, working as necessary with seniors, managers and partners, with a particular emphasis on an owner manager business client base.
• Managing the relationship for a small number of complex personal tax clients.
• Maintaining a strong technical knowledge in respect of all taxes relevant to Privately Owned Business transactions. Preferably a strong knowledge of the following taxes: income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
Sharing knowledge with more junior (and senior) members of the team;
• Maintaining an up to date technical knowledge of personal tax planning opportunities.
• Dealing with ad hoc client advisory and planning issues as they arise on the personal tax client base.
• Involvement in business development in the West Yorkshire Region.
• Management responsibilities for tax department staff.
We would consider both full time and part time applicants for this role and the firm offer agile working nationwide
• Evidence of practical private client advisory experience.
• CTA qualified.
• A team player with excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Possess an existing network of private client contacts in the Yorkshire Region.
• Adaptable, organised with a commercial approach.
• Able to exercise judgement and work without close supervision.
• Ability to proactively manage existing client relationships and to develop new relationships.
• Able to generate creative solutions to problems.
• Acting as a positive role model for the team.
• Possess an understanding of risk management issues.
• Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.