We have an opportunity available in our Huntingdon office for an ambitious professional, who has significant previous Private Client Tax experience.
Our client portfolio ranges across the Private Client spectrum including high net worth individuals and families, business owners, company directors, land and property owners, entrepreneurs, retirees, and family trusts.
This is an interesting and varied role which provides scope for personal and career development. You will head up the Private Client Tax team in Huntingdon, and work closely with the Private Client Tax Partner and with the rest of the team across the region. You will draw on your strong technical expertise to provide excellent front-line client service, alongside supervising the work of more junior staff and assisting with their development. You will also be actively involved in business development activities.
- You should hold the CTA qualification (or be qualified by experience). ICAEW, ACCA and or STEP qualifications would be beneficial.
- Experience of successfully managing a portfolio of private clients alongside reviewing self assessment tax returns completed by other staff. Previous exposure to all aspects of Personal Tax compliance work within a professional services environment is essential, to include:-
- Capital Gains Tax planning
- Remuneration planning
- Experience within in the following areas would be helpful: Statutory residence test/residence issues; immigration/emigration issues; agricultural/landed estate experience.
- A high level of ICT literacy is required. Experience of CCH would be advantageous.
- Highly articulate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Aptitude in explaining complex matters in a straightforward and accessible manner.
- Accomplished in managing competing deadlines and client expectations. Skilled in controlling budgets and billing.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst also building/developing a team. Previous experience of supervising and reviewing the work of more junior staff is essential
- Ability to provide technical support across the firm.
- A demonstrable track record in business development activity.
- Self-motivated, hard working, flexible and prepared to undertake some travel within Cambridgeshire and to our Cambridge office as required.
The role offers an exciting opportunity to develop your career within a prestigious team. Ensors won at the British Accountancy Awards 2018 (‘Mid-Tier Firm of the Year’ category). Ensors was named as ‘Pensions Accountancy Firm of the Year’ at the 2018 Pensions Age Awards and was also shortlisted for the 2019 award. Ensors was also a finalist at the Suffolk Business Awards 2018 (‘Large Business’ category) and has been accredited as ‘One to Watch’ at the Best Employers Eastern Region 2018 awards. See more here:
We offer an attractive salary with many benefits in a friendly working environment. We have an extensive in-house training programme for all staff.