Private client Tax Manager or Senior Manager job with Top 10 firm, based either Norwich or Ipswich
Hays are working in partnership with a Top 10 firm, assisting them in appointing a Private Client Tax Manager or Senior Manager to provide Tax compliance and advisory services for a wide range of clients.
You will act as a key point of contact within the firm for the client, together with the Partner. This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- You will take full responsibility for project delivery on your portfolio
- Have a strong understanding of the technical complexities that clients face and be able to provide clear, concise and practical advice
- Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
- Liaise with HMRC
- To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Director/Partner informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
- Ensure that the firm's quality control procedures are adhered to including second partner review
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Director/Partner/, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Must provide overall support to Director/Partners on client matters and assist Director/Partners in the management of the group, this will include support at times for the recruitment and management of staff
- Will work as part of management team with other Tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the Tax team
- Actively participate in the management of the group through Team/Manager/Director meetings.
- Training must be provided to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing feedback
- Counsel, appraise, develop and motivate staff as appropriate
- Must be able to recognise business development opportunities and inform and work with the Director/Partner and the client to develop these when they arise
- Participate in bids/proposals for new work
- Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualified experience
- Strong technical ability in the field of private client.
- Guide and supervise less experienced colleagues.
- Support, train, mentor and advise others in own area.
- Challenge current practice - driving improvements and championing change.
- Take personal responsibility for own decisions and actions and those of others.
- Lead projects of limited scale or complexity.
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays for the full job specification, salary and benefit details.