Private Client Tax Senior: HNWI in the entertainment sector £40,000 - £50,000
Your new company
Reports to: Partner
Overview This role will provide tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of high-net-worth clients, most of whom are in the entertainment sector. The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients as well as providing daily assistance to the partner in client work.
There will be involvement in special assignments on an ad hoc basis. A key part of the role requires the individual to actively keep the Partner updated with any ongoing matters that require his attention.
- To act as a key point of contact within the firm for clients and third party advisers, together with the partner. This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Manage a portfolio of high profile private clients on their personal tax affairs including advice and planning on matters such as residence and domicile issues, trusts, and capital gains.
- Work with partner on complex technical matters.
- Liaise with HMRC.
- Ensure assignments are completed within agreed time frames and keep clients/third party advisers/partner informed at all times.
- Identify risk and technical matters and seek advice as appropriate. Management
- Provide overall support to partner on client matters.
- Work as part of the larger tax team and provide support as required.
- Recognise business development opportunities and inform and work with the partner to develop these when they arise.
- Participate in new work. Communication
- Develop contact with clients at senior level and maintain contact with other levels as appropriate to ensure the firm has the confidence of the client and their third party advisers.
- Act as a liaison between the client and other specialist service groups within the firm.
- Work on own initiative.
- Consult with colleagues and partners on technical and risk matters.
Business Support Services Limited
Job Description Tax Senior
- Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation. Highly experienced in the taxation of individuals and OMB's, and working with trusts/partnerships. Ideally from a Private Client Tax background with experience in OMBs and the entertainment industry.
- Ability to profitably manage a client portfolio.
- Experience of dealing directly with clients.
- Educated to degree level (minimum).
- CTA qualified.
- Demonstrable post qualification experience.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Assertiveness and confidence in knowledge and ability.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Staff management experience.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.