Private Client Tax Supervisor (Sports Clients Focus) - Top 25 - Firm in London - Flexible Working - up to £50,000 - Flexible working options available.
4 years private client tax experience.
Your new company
Our client is a top UK chartered accountancy firm. They are a commercially astute organisation with a personal, partner-led service aimed at entrepreneurial small and medium enterprises (SMEs), large corporate companies and high-net worth individuals. Excellent opportunity for someone with an interest in Sports.
We require a qualified CTA to join the fast growing Sports Department of our Private Client Tax team as a Supervisor/Assistant Manager.
Reporting to a Director, the Supervisor/Assistant Manager will be in charge of a portfolio of clients in the Sports, Media and Entertainment. They will be expected to support on projects and ad-hoc advice where necessary.
Your new role
· Preparing tax returns for review
· Interfacing between clients and the Principal
· Assisting with general private client issues and suggesting tax planning opportunities for clients within their portfolio
· Communicating and corresponding with HMRC
· Assisting with HMRC investigations
· Communicating with and answering queries from clients
· Assisting with the training and supervision of more junior members of staff
· Other ad-hoc duties in line with the role
What you'll need to succeed
The Candidate: The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 4 years' personal tax experience with experience in the Sport Industry
- Accurate work, displaying initiative with minimal supervision
- A proactive attitude
- Successful work as a team member
- An ability to work under pressure and to be able to prioritise
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft software
- Good organisational skills
- Good general knowledge of income tax, capital allowances, employment taxes, capital gains tax and benefits, and non-doms
- A basic knowledge of tax treatment of agent fees, image rights companies and property investment companies
The successful candidate will already be ATT qualified, as well as being a part-qualified CTA. We would be willing to support any remaining CTA papers after successful completion of a probationary period. We would also prefer the successful candidate to have some working knowledge of Digita software, although training will be provided if not.
- Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
- Group Life Cover
- 22 days holiday on commencement
- Buying and Selling Holiday Scheme
- PHI (Permanent Health Insurance)
- Contributory Private Health Scheme
- Non-Contributory Health Cash Plan
- Season Ticket Loan (after qualifying period)
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle voucher scheme