We are looking for a Professional Standards Officer to join our team. It is an interesting and varied role which involves regular interaction with members, HMRC and other government departments. You will be home based with occasional travel to Head Office (when it re-opens) and to carry out Anti-Money Laundering (AML) visits.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Assisting with Professional Standards policy and guidance work
- Prepaing statistics and papers for meetings
- Assisting with Continuing Professional Development audit and Professional Indemnity Insurance checks
- Assisting with updating website material
- Research for consultation responses
- Participating in AML visits and in due course carrying out visits
- Assisting with writing reports eg HM Treasury AML report
- Assisting with clearing cases of non-compliance arising from the Annual return and AML return
- Answering member queries about professional standards and AML matters
- Setting up and attending working party meetings
You will have experience of working in tax, a basic understanding of and, ideally, a relevant professional qualification. Further details of the skills needed to fulfil the role are included in the job description which you can obtain by contacting our HR Officer, Rakhi Vora at email@example.com. If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and Covering letter to Rakhi, by 19 March at 12pm.