My client is a top 10 accountancy firm with office across Guildford, Gatwick and London. This role sits out of Gatwick or Guildford.
The South East Tax team is 50 strong and across two offices in Guildford and Gatwick includes a specialist Innovation and Technology group, comprising engineers, software programmers and scientists, as well as specialist finance professionals such as auditors and tax accountants, all of whom are experienced in claiming R&D tax relief.
The Innovation and Technology team provide the following services:
- Claiming R&D tax relief.
- R&D Allowances (RDAs)
- Patent Box.
- International R&D relief.
This is a client-facing role where you will be liaising with key business stakeholders (CEO, finance director, technical director) from a wide range of industry sectors that undertake development activities. A key aspect of this role is the ability to build rapport with the client, manage all aspects of the project and review the technical and financial aspects of the claim from both a quality and ethical standpoint.
My client is looking to grow its regional Innovation and Technology practice and this role is a key part of that business plan. As part of a fast-growing team, you will also have the opportunity to contribute to sales, marketing and mentoring activities to support the business growth.
- Leading/managing/preparing the technical and financial assessments for R&D tax relief claims.
- Identification of qualifying R&D projects and expenditure through participation in technical and financial discussions with clients.
- Ensuring R&D claims meet the requirements of the relevant tax legislation and guidelines.
- Liaison with our tax staff to assist with the preparation of the relevant tax documents to submit R&D claims to HMRC.
- Project management of claims (i.e. continuously liaising with clients, colleagues and key contacts at HMRC to ensure claims are optimised and deadlines are met).
- First point of contact with the client.
- Supporting R&D tax relief claims in the event of HMRC R&D enquiries.
- Attending meetings, building and developing effective working relationships with colleagues, intermediaries and other networks to develop further opportunities and business over time.
- Ideally 2-3 years of experience in providing R&D tax relief services.
- Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent.
- A holder of a university degree in science or technology, or computer science/software development qualification would be an advantage.
- Ideally proven experience of working on several projects and experienced in working within a business unit with internal (and external) clients.
- Excellent communication (both spoken and written) - internal and external.
- Strong numerical ability.
- Curiosity, awareness and an interest in the fields of science, technology and innovation.
- Be highly proactive in the approach to new work opportunities.
- Team player with the ability to work under own initiative to manage a portfolio of clients and lead projects of limited scale or complexity.
- Ability to guide and supervise less experienced colleagues in own area of expertise.
- Able to project a professional, credible image.
- Trustworthy and able to maintain strict confidentiality.
Able to travel to clients' premises for meetings and on-site reviews and other offices as required
Competitive package and salary
Flexible working arrangements