This international firm is looking for an R&D Tax Senior Manager to work within its corporate tax department. You will work with clients to produce complex tax claims, computations and returns for HM Revenue & Customs and give advice on corporate planning and restructuring projects. This role sits within the Midlands R&D tax team however you will also work with the National R&D tax practice. Your clients will come from a range of industry sectors and your responsibilities will include the following:
- Preparing summary descriptions of the work being undertaken within complex projects in straightforward language that is clear to understand to be submitted to the HMRC.
- Working with HMRC specialists to facilitate the agreement of R&D claims.
- Managing client claim projects and to manage conflicting resourcing requirements between projects.
- Leading by example in terms of client relationships, technical quality and service delivery
- Working with senior staff at clients premises to identify qualifying projects and expenditure.
- Delivering comprehensive proposals and taking part in presentations
- Leading complex projects
- Leading people including coaching and developing junior staff.
- Building an internal network within the wider tax practice of the firm
- Helping to establish and maintain strong client relationships with both existing and new clients
You must have experience of preparing R&D claims and techical knowledge of the UK's R&D tax incentives. You must also have experience of dealing with senior employees within HMRC.