Big 4 R&D Tax Consultant, London, paying up to £60,000
Your new company
A great opportunity to join a Big 4 Accountancy firm in London where you will be a part of the R&D Tax team.
Your new role
- Analysing technical and cost data from clients to develop robust and efficient R&D claim methodologies
- Leading the interview process with technical experts to understand their R&D activity, and then summarizing the output from these interviews in documentation suitable for non-technical audiences.
- Leading the technical aspects of the R&D claim preparation process within a project team to ensure that all areas of eligible R&D are identified and that the appropriate costs linked to this technical activity are captured within R&D claims.
- Preparing clear reports for submission to HMRC to explain how our clients R&D claims have been prepared. You will join meetings with HMRC when necessary to respond to technical questions and explain the approach adopted.
- Provide industry insight into marketing and sales activity based on your area of engineering or scientific knowledge and experience.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
What you'll need to succeed
- Be trained to degree level in an Engineering or Scientific discipline with over 3 years' experience in an engineering, manufacturing or scientific role post-graduation.
- Demonstrated capability to lead small project teams, with experience in delivering both to internal and external customers.
- Be a strong communicator, with good interpersonal awareness skills.
- Be able to work within multi-disciplinary teams, leading the technical aspects of R&D claims on the behalf of manufacturing and engineering companies, as well as generating high quality technical reports.
- Be well-organised and able to manage multiple large and complex projects, handling conflicting demands for yourself and team-members in a timely manner.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.