R&D Tax Consultants - remote working
Your new company
We are looking for a Tax Consultant to specialise in Research & Development tax relief for our SME & Corporate clients. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small and rapidly expanding company, offering excellent career progression and growth opportunities. This innovative consultancy has a unique goal; to quickly improve the financial performance of its clients without impacting on their core business. Our specific expertise is in the optimisation of Research and Development (R&D) Tax Relief and Credits and R&D grants
Your new role
* Identification of qualifying R&D projects and expenditure through participation in technical discussions with clients.
* Understanding the requirements for R&D tax relief and applying them with respect to clients' development activities to ensure the relevant tax legislation and guidelines are met.
* Creating clear technical and financial documents to justify R&D activities to UK tax authorities.
* Undertaking the technical assessment of claims and producing the technical summary.
* Supporting R&D Tax Relief claims in the event of HMRC R&D enquiries.
* Liaise with HMRC on client's behalf.
* Determining the appropriate method of data collection through background research into clients and their relevant industries.
* Managing client's R&D claims from start to finish.
* Keeping clients updated on the ongoing development of the R&D tax relief scheme.
What you'll need to succeed
* Be a qualified Tax Consultant / Accountant with at least 3 years' experience of processing CT600s and R&D claims.
* Experience in UK Corporation tax.
* An interest in applying simple concepts to a wide range of industrial sectors.
* Outstanding numerical skills and a proven track record of working to tight deadlines.
* Experience dealing with HMRC or other tax authorities.
* Trustworthy and able to maintain strict confidentiality.
* Ability to work under own initiative and to deadlines.
* Full rights to work in the UK without sponsorship.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.