R&D Tax Scientist/Engineer - Big 4 London
Salary depending on experience - up to £95,000
- Do you have a degree in an Engineering or Scientific discipline with over 3 years'experience in an engineering, manufacturing or scientific role post-graduation?
- Have you had experience leading small project teams, with experience in delivering both to internal and external customers?
- Are you a strong communicator, with good interpersonal awareness skills?
With continued market success and double digit growth over the last three years, my Big 4 client is looking to expand the team based in London.
They are looking for individuals with an Engineering or Scientific background, with over 3 years experience in an engineering, manufacturing or scientific role. You will have the opportunity to apply your technical knowledge across a wide range of areas and to help companies identify the R&D claims for these incentives. This R&D can involve activities starting from basic research, through to early stage new product & process development, industrial scale trials and ongoing process improvement activity across all areas of engineering and manufacturing.
As a Consultant you will be in a client-facing role from day one. Although you may have no previous R&D tax claim experience, you will get the support and training internally to be able to lead the technical aspects of R&D claims interviews and preparing documentation to support R&D tax claims. You will be working with senior technical and finance staff within their client companies where you will need to understand the technical organisation and the nature of the work being performed, develop a claim preparation strategy, then deliver the technical aspects of the R&D claims.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysing technical and cost data from clients to develop robust and efficient R&D claim methodologies
- Leading the interview process with technical experts to understand their R&D activity, and then summarising the output from these interviews in documentation suitable for non-technical audiences.
- Leading the technical aspects of the R&D claim preparation process within a project team to ensure that all areas of eligible R&D are identified and that the appropriate costs linked to this technical activity are captured within R&D claims.
- Preparing clear reports for submission to HMRC to explain how our clients R&D claims have been prepared. You will join meetings with HMRC when necessary to respond to technical questions and explain the approach adopted.
- Provide industry insight into marketing and sales activity based on your area of engineering or scientific knowledge and experience.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
If you would be happy to discuss this opportunity further then please get in contact with Maisie Horrell on 02072696337 or email email@example.com
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.