- Provide practical tax support to the property team (fund managers, transaction team, property directors and finance business partners) on ad-hoc queries and be a property tax subject matter reporting to the group's Head of Property & Indirect Tax.
- Provide end to end tax support and risk management
- Support Property Business Development team on new product launches.
- Work with internal colleagues and external advisors to structure property or property SPV acquisitions.
- Ongoing tax oversight of the range of funds and vehicles (limited partnerships, property unit trusts, joint venture companies and asset holding companies set up in the UK, Jersey, Luxembourg and Netherlands).
- Review quarterly and annual direct tax information relating to Group companies' ownership of underlying properties / funds before providing to Group.
- Provide tax provisions of the property companies to Group Tax usually on a semi-annual basis.
- Keep business teams updated with key tax developments that are of real relevance to them, and screening out other tax new.
- Support Group Tax's initiatives, e.g. link in to Group Tax's response to HMRC's consultations.
- Professional Accounting Qualification (e.g. ACA or ACCA) and/or Taxation qualification (e.g. CTA) with at least 1 year's post qualification property tax experience within a in-house team or practice
- Understanding of UK authorised and unauthorised property funds commonly used, including limited partnerships, property unit trusts, PAIFs, ACSs.
- Understanding of tax implications, risks and efficiencies relevant to property fund set ups
- Practical experience of real estate funds' property / SPV acquisition, holding and eventual disposal (especially income tax, corporation tax, SDLT, capital allowances, and the construction industry scheme with some knowledge of VAT).
- Experience of providing tax advice and be able to explain tax technical issues in a clear and concise way to non-tax experts.
- Understanding of the mechanics and accounting of commercial and residential property transactions.
The next step:
- Please contact Paul Kempton on 020 7429 4416 or to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.