Real estate business going through an exciting growth phase - looking to recruit a VAT Manager for their team
Your new company
This is an opportunity to work for a unique real estate investment, development and management group with an exciting asset portfolio. After several strategic acquisitions, the company is now growing rapidly. Their vision is to create a multi-channel offering across real estate, retail, hospitality and co-working.After recent acquisitions across the property space their portfolio has grown to £4 billion and continues to grow.
The objective of the VAT Manager is to support the Head of Tax in providing a broad range of VAT services to the group, providing an effective in-house tax advisory and compliance function. You will gain significant exposure to UK and non-UK tax matters and will have the opportunity to drive improvements in the group's tax processes. Given the rapid expansion of the business, changing tax landscape and small team size, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of VAT tasks and will develop a broad skill set.
Your new role
- Support the Head of Tax and external advisors with all tax matters including:
- Vat return preparation / submission using SAP Business One, managing payments / repayments, working with finance team to improve month end process to ensure it is adequate for VAT purposes
- Managing enquiries/HMRC checks with support from Head of Tax and advisors
- VAT projects e.g. new systems implementation
- Managing VAT registrations, deregistrations and options to tax over UK land and buildings
- VAT partial exemption calculations and annual review
- Implementation of appropriate controls and systems for CIS reverse charge / domestic reverse charge
- Service charge VAT accounting
- Capital Goods Scheme
- HMRC online management
- VAT aged creditors
- Training finance and non-finance personnel on VAT and answering queries from the business.
This is a great opportunity for a newly qualified tax professional who is looking to develop and utilise their current skillset, knowledge and experience in a vibrant fast paced environment. In return you will have the opportunity to work with an enthusiastic and dynamic team and have the ability to develop your career with support from the Head of Tax along the way.
What you'll need to succeed
There are certain skills/qualifications which are essential to succeed in the role including:
- Fully qualified
- A high degree of computer literacy, with strong Excel spread sheet skills.
However, much more important is attitude. The business is incredibly fast paced, and candidates should be flexible as business needs dictate. Key to this will be an:
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that moves at an incredibly fast pace
- Robust personality who deals well with pressure
- Keen to learn and develop - this is not a compliance only role and there is significant potential for development and growth for a proactive candidate
- Attention to detail
- Logical / reasoned approach to problem solving
- Positive attitude and ability to forge relationships quickly
- Experience of UK real estate VAT compliance / advisory matters
- Experience with SAP desirable
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.