Pure Search are working exclusively with one of the world's most prominent pharmaceutical companies who are looking to appoint a Director to lead tax for their operations outside of the US.
Sitting as part of their newly created finance function in Basel, and reporting into their Head of International Finance, you will be responsible for executing the firm's global tax strategy across international markets. You will be leading for all Direct and Indirect tax matters across the region, including timely and accurate tax reporting, and work closely with the business's Group Tax team in their US headquarters.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance with all local tax rules across all affiliates in the international region
- Ensure appropriate record keeping in line with requirements of international jurisdiction
- Work with third party firms to assist with all corporate direct and indirect tax filings of all jurisdictions in the International region
- Ensure VAT compliance in international region
- Collaborate with global tax department and tax advisors to assess and ensure compliance with various International and OECD directives
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual income tax provisions under local statutory and tax laws and in accordance with US GAAP
- Contribute to companies forecasting and planning cycles for tax matters.
- Actively participate in SAP projects, including assessment, selection and implementation of an indirect tax tool
- Contribute and review transfer pricing analyses and documentation requirements across International jurisdictions
- Support international expansion for tax due diligence, structuring, funding and tax accounting
- Collaborate with the finance function and key business stakeholders to understand business strategies and pro-actively identify and communicate associated tax opportunities and/or risks
- Quantify long-term impact of regional tax priorities for purposes of the company's long-term strategic plan
- Lead audit activities across the region in close coordination with global tax team colleagues and International financial and business executives
- Liaise with external auditors and advisors on special projects and planning initiatives
The ideal candidate will have significant tax experience in a leadership capacity, will have deep technical knowledge of both Indirect and Direct tax issues in multiple jurisdictions, and will have either established a regional / global tax function from scratch, or led the tax function of a business in 'scale up' mode.
To discuss this role in detail, please apply online or contact Callum McWhinnie at Pure Search.