Your new company
Our client are one of the largest network of accountants who offer a wealth of experience and expertise to over 70,000 small businesses right across the UK. They provide a wide range of accountancy and tax services including annual accounts, tax returns, payroll, bookkeeping and tax planning to small businesses and individuals.
As part of a franchise this practice is a small one, however it is experiencing rapid growth and has ambitious plans to continue to grow which is why they are now seeking an ambitious, enthusiastic, and hard-working Accountant to join their busy team.
Your new role
The successful candidate will have a strong background working in a practice or industry environment and be passionate about:
- Supporting a range of clients including sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
- Communicating regularly and effectively with clients to build long term business relationships.
- Preparing management accounts for owner-managed businesses.
- Speaking with clients to resolve queries.
- Supporting the business owner in expanding the business.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Preparation of financial statements for sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
- Completion of personal tax and corporation tax returns.
- Completion of client VAT returns.
- Completion of client payrolls.
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/visitors/enquiries and staff. Responding clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions.
- Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Plus, other duties consistent with the grade as directed.
The successful candidate will be ACCA/ACA/ICAEW qualified or part-qualified accountant or be qualified through recent relevant experience.
What you'll need to succeed
- The ideal candidate is someone who is looking to grow with the practice as there will be opportunities for progression. They have recently acquired the Doncaster territory and a second office is being opened there. There will be some travel required to this office in the short term at least. (Subject to COVID rules)
- The candidate will have experience in preparing financial statements for sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
- The candidate will have experience of completing personal tax and corporation tax returns along with completing client VAT returns.
- The candidate will have experience in completing client's payroll.
- Experience of using QuickBooks Online and/or Xero along with Receipt Bank would also be an advantage.
- Experience of using TaxCalc or a similar product in completing personal tax and corporation tax returns would also be an advantage.
- An ability to develop good working relationships with both co-workers and clients.
- An ability to work without direction where necessary.
- Good attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong Excel skills and proficient IT skills including the ability of using Microsoft Word & Outlook.
- A highly ambitious, enthusiastic and hard-working individual wishing to progress and keen to make a difference in this practice.
- Very effective organisational skills with strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Be honest, trustworthy, flexible, respectful and possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to adapt & cope with organisational change.
- Although not essential it is desirable for the candidate to also have experience in using Receipt Bank, a bookkeeping automation software package which links to QuickBooks.
What you'll get in return
If you are looking for an excellent, career advancing position within a fantastic team that will offer a profit share of the business down the line, then this role will definitely be for you.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.