My client is looking to recruit a self-sufficient, highly motivated and well organised individual to work within the OMB/Corporate Team. The role is extremely varied and gives the successful candidate an opportunity to utilise and build upon their existing knowledge base.
My client offers tax consultancy services to both professional firms and directly to entrepreneurs, businesses and individuals. They see themselves as a trusted 'Tax Partner' and pride themselves on supporting accountants, lawyers, trust companies and other professional firms in servicing, keeping and winning clients through technical tax know-how and practical experience. Additionally, a vital part of the work they undertake focuses on managing wealth for entrepreneurs, individuals and families by minimising their potential tax liabilities and maximising tax reliefs opportunities.
- Provide generalist technical advice and support to clients of the firm, many of whom are accountants and fellow professionals, both verbally and via written correspondence. Assist with the application of complex, specialist technical advice to provide innovative solutions that add value to the client.
- Work in collaboration with the team to communicate and achieve team goals, share knowledge and ideas and contribute to technical debate, to develop the team.
- Be able to assist and manage a range of advanced tax planning and transactional work. Dealing with technical correspondence and queries, gathering input from team colleagues as and when necessary and discussing with Partners and Directors who will review work.
- Develop strong working relationships with Accountants and build a network of professional contacts to help raise the profile of the firm and level of expertise.
- Make time to keep up to date with tax journals, HMRC announcements and maintain a general tax awareness.
- Assist Directors and Partners with marketing initiatives and build knowledge and awareness of all aspects of the firm's service to help identify opportunities to cross sell services. This may involve participation in both lecturing, the writing of articles for tax publications and delivery of webinars.
- Support business development activity with relevant technical commentary and content working in conjunction with Partners and Directors. To include taking responsibility for specific business development actions and initiatives as directed.
- Be pro-active and identify opportunities to act on the interpretation of new legislation with a view to winning new work in conjunction with Partners and Directors.
Encourage and maintain regular contact with clients to ensure completion of assignments in line with planned timescales and provide on-going updates on progress.
CTA qualified with preferably two to three years post qualification experience. Ideally a generalist background with knowledge of both personal and corporate taxes.
Experience of dealing with tax planning initiatives and be keen to expand their knowledge and expertise in this area.
High level of client handling and relationship skills.
A good understanding awareness of tax compliance requirements with a good understanding of accounts and bookkeeping.
Business development and marketing of tax services.
£60,000 - £80,000