A Global Investment Bank is looking for a Senior Manager/Vice President to join it's M&A Tax function. The team is responsible for tax advisory work in relation to significant acquisitions and disposals made by the group as well as corporate restructuring and reorganisations. There is a particular emphasis on helping to plan, structure, negotiate and execute transactions from a tax perspective whilst providing tax advice within a commercial context.
Overall purpose of role
- Working on all aspects of M&A transactions from early stage/structuring, through approvals, negotiation, documentation and execution.
- Involvement with other business areas / functional areas from time to time in relation to projects or initiatives that may need transactional tax input.
- Involvement in all relevant tax processes relating to M&A activity, dealing with internal and external stakeholders, providing support in taking transactions through relevant approvals, managing external advisers, participating in discussions/negotiations with counterparties and dealing with/drafting legal documentation and managing interactions/relationships with external advisers.
- Ensuring that the tax treatment of M&A activity is understood and that the tax impact is quantified, communicated appropriately and reported accurately.
- Ensuring internal teams have excellent tax support at all stages of a transaction and ensuring that the M&A tax team is viewed as a close partner in their processes.
- Dealing with external advisers and coordinating tax input, often across multiple jurisdictions.
- Reviewing and commenting on complex legal documentation. Coordinating tax input from external advisers as appropriate.
- Building relationships internally with the deal team leads, who require technical tax support from inception, through to execution and to post-completion matters in a commercial, practical setting.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements and Policy Standards.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree.
- Qualified ACA / CTA (or local country equivalent) or Solicitor.
- Strong corporate tax technical knowledge and a good understanding of tax issues relevant to the banking industry.
- Previous M&A Tax experience either in professional services or industry
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) coupled with the ability to articulate complex tax issues to both tax and non-tax specialists.
- Strong stakeholder management and a proactive approach, with an ability to take responsibility for assigned work, managing the process and stakeholders through to completion.
- Ability to collaborate with others and build relationships with a range of stakeholders.
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton on 0207 429 4416 or to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.