Senior Tax Manager - Financial Services Competitive Salary + Benefits
Are you looking to develop your career within a nurturing environment where you can flourish? Do you want to join an award-winning firm that strives for excellence and success for our clients, our people and our business?
Our client is a leading tax, accountancy and business advisory firm founded on personal integrity and technical expertise. Their teams work seamlessly to provide advice throughout the life cycle of their clients. Their partner-led approach ensures that their clients receive an excellent service from a team of high-quality people who combine technical expertise with personal integrity. Our ethos is reflected in the way that we work with our clients, taking the time to understand their business and invest in the relationships to ensure that they can provide the best advice possible. We want success for our people, our clients and for our business.
Our client is offering a nurturing and collaborative working culture that is caring and protecting, within an environment where they can learn and flourish. In addition to a competitive remuneration package, they offer a range of flexible benefits and flexible hours of work. We have clearly defined career pathways which empower you to manage your own development. We have a number of colleague-led collaborative working groups which help shape our strategy.
The role will suit an ambitious manager or senior manager with experience of advising hedge fund and private equity firms on complex tax matters and who is comfortable leading projects for clients in the sector. The role will be a mixture of advisory work, particularly in relation to fund structuring and other industry specific issues, and complex compliance work.
Key responsibilities and duties will include the following:
- Management of a client portfolio consisting predominantly of owner-managed LLP's and corporates.
- Assisting with the complex compliance work in respect of private equity, venture capital and hedge fund structures.
- Provision of tax advisory services to new and existing clients within the hedge fund and private equity space.
- Dealing with ad-hoc technical queries as these arise both within the FS team itself and from other areas of the business.
- Recruitment, supervision and training of junior staff.
Due to the nature of the work a comprehensive understanding of corporation tax and partnership tax is required. Experience of broader tax issues affecting the financial services sector such as VAT, AEOI and the reporting fund regime would be an advantage.
The ideal candidate would be ACA and/or CTA qualified and have extensive post qualification experience in the financial services sector.
Skills & experience
"We are looking for an ambitious individual to help grow the tax offering within our successful financial services team. The role will suit a manager or senior manager with experience of advising fund managers on complex tax matters, who is comfortable to take the lead on a variety of projects. As a newly created role there is plenty of scope for development through providing advice to our existing client base as well as exposure to new client opportunities. "
Contact us now
- Pension - Looking after your future self when it's time to step back and relax.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays - Time to focus on what's important to you.
- Private Medical Insurance - Taking care of your health. One less thing to worry about.
- Permanent Health Insurance - Financial protection in the event of illness or injury.
- Flexible hours of work - We're on a mission to give you back your time, as with any family, we all work in different ways and need flexibility within our working day and therefore we operate a flexible working policy.
- Life Assurance - 4 x times salary, our family is important to us, and so is yours.
- Employee Referral Bonus - We're always looking for talented individuals to join our family.
- Employee Benefits Portal - Cashback and vouchers on everyday purchases.
- Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities - Continuous development and support not only for your professional qualifications but also for your personal goals and aspirations, so we can grow together.
- Opportunity to attend social events - Time to stop, pause and have fun.
- Career Coaching - Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours