Job Title: Senior Manager - Global International Tax Advisory
Business Unit: Advisory
Department: Advisory – Global International Tax
Reporting to: Director Global International Indirect Tax Advisory
- The position is an advisory role in which international indirect tax support and information is delivered to clients in order for them to manage their transactions and business operations in an efficient and compliant manner from an indirect tax perspective.
- Research and prepare advice and services across multiple jurisdictions on core international consumption tax areas to cover VAT, GST, JCT and similar tax regimes across the globe.
- Manage delivery of international indirect advice across multiple countries, business divisions and clients
- Provide advice within a team environment on indirect tax and business matters for clients in a range of industries including digital services, product manufacturing and pharmaceuticals
- Carry out supply chain and operational analysis and advise on indirect tax efficient trading arrangements
- Provide Tax Authority audit support and assist in the preparation of data, supporting documents and applicable correspondence, to be sent to tax authorities conducting tax reviews, enquiries and audits
- Assist in simplifying complicated and inter-related technical issues into digestible and understandable client action plans – for example, supply chain analysis
- To attend meetings and conference calls with clients and prospective clients in order to discuss potentially complex technical areas of indirect tax, or to promote the services of the Indirect Tax function at Vistra.
- Liaise with internal and external client resources to effectively handover to the Indirect Tax Compliance team any positions that they would need to be aware of in order to complete the Indirect Tax returns for clients in the appropriate way.
- Support the Director in identifying and communicating relevant changes in legislation and policy which will impact Vistra’s clients from an Indirect Tax perspective, through team meetings and marketing tools such as blogs and webinars.
- Coverage of core international indirect tax and corporate concepts, including:
- Permanent Establishment
- Transfer Pricing
- Comparative Tax Analysis
- Tax Efficiency & Optimisation
- Tax efficient corporate entity Rationalisation
- Supply chain analysis
- Work alongside Tax Managers and Tax Directors in serving as trusted tax advisor and business partner to clients and prospects, building advisor-client relationships
- Ensure key deliverables are actioned to an excellent standard with Vistra & International Tax Advisory team quality & risk framework
- Support and liaise with key stakeholders to gain clarity regarding terms of service to be delivered by International Tax team
- Assist the Director of Indirect Tax in identifying Indirect Tax services offerings and opportunities and work with internal resources to promote such offerings to existing and prospective clients.
- Develop internal and external client relationships in order to leverage further service opportunities and to further enhance the international reputation of Vistra’s Indirect Tax team.
- Ensure effective processes are maintained across the global international tax teams, including keeping abreast of developments in international tax and regional issues that will impact the client base
- Organized and results-driven, able to work in team managing multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Self-starter with strong influencing and negotiation skills, keen to develop new technical skills
- Strong track record of advising on technical Indirect Tax matters in a client based environment.
- Global based indirect tax advisory experience
- Proactive and self-motivated, professional and commercial outlook
- Capable of working under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- A CTA or ATT qualification is desirable although not essential depending on experience.
- MS Office suite