About the team
We focus on advising on a range of tax issues allowing us to build strong client relationships, presenting tax ideas and the services of our team and the wider firm to our clients and targets. Our focus is our clients, ensuring that we provide innovate ideas and high levels of service.
We don’t focus just on tax - a key part of what we do for our clients involves liaising with the audit teams (most of our corporate clients are also audited by PwC) and the Advisory parts of the firm when we know it can help their business.
We are looking to recruit high calibre, ambitious people accustomed to working as part of a team
About the role
- Provide advice in a variety of scenarios including UK and international corporate structuring, deals, reorganisations and wider strategic corporate tax advice. The core role is corporate tax focussed.
- Lead client relationships and develop new opportunities from your portfolio.
- You may become involved in tax compliance and audit work, although this is not a primary component of the role, with support provided by specialist compliance teams.
- To retain a broader commercial perspective on your clients, and look to develop opportunities for other parts of the team, and more outside of the Tax line of service.
- Breadth of corporate tax knowledge and ability to lead client relationships.
- Be ambitious and want to contribute developing the wider team.
- Ability to advise UK owned companies on range of UK and international structuring issues.
- Strong tax accounting knowledge, and able to support audit teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (ability to communicate with non-tax specialists is crucial).
- Ability to motivate and support the development of our junior staff.
- Passion for client service.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity