Pure Search have been engaged by a leading internet services company who are looking for a Senior Manager to join their Tax Accounting & Reporting Team in their Dusseldorf headquarters.
In this role, you will be working closely with members of the wider tax team and finance function of the business, and will hold end-to-end responsibility for corporate taxes in all group financials in accordance with US GAAP.
- Be end to end responsible for the timely and accurate tax accounting positions for all entities of the business, including consolidated level in accordance with US GAAP. This includes calculating and monitoring uncertain tax positions, deferred taxes, and effective tax rate calculations.
- Lead and support monthly close processes and quarterly tax reporting process, both on entity and consolidated level(s).
- Prepare tax consolidation(s) and tax notes for consolidated financial statements.
- Lead and support budget/forecasting process with respect to tax lines.
- Ensure compliance with all US GAAP tax accounting guidelines.
- Help provide (financial) input for tax planning analyses, tax review of business transactions and business restructurings.
- Work on the improvement and maintenance of the financial reporting process and systems and drive the tax technology roadmap, including the implementation of a new ERP system.
- Liaise with various internal departments for (tax) accounting matters as well as to the business's US parent company.
- Assist in the maintenance and update of the key SOX controls associated with US GAAP tax reporting.
Your background and skillset:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Tax, Finance, or a related apprenticeship.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with US GAAP tax accounting, ASC 740, is a must. Knowledge of IFRS tax accounting, IAS 12 is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of US GAAP tax accounting and reporting experience at a multinational company and/or at a large accounting firm.
- The ability to multitask while completing tasks accurately in a timely manner. Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Positive 'can-do' attitude and eager to own and take responsibility of projects and processes assigned.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent and fluent written and verbal communication in English.
For further information, please submit your CV online or reach out to Callum McWhinnie at Pure Search.