Senior R&D Tax Consultant/Team Manager in High Wycombe
Your new company
My client is a Financial Services business in High Wycombe, who are looking for an experienced R&D Tax Consultant to build and develop their new R&D division.They are looking for a Senior Tax Consultant to specialise in Research & Development tax relief for our SME & Corporate clients. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small and rapidly expanding company, offering excellent career progression and growth opportunities. This innovative consultancy has a unique goal; to quickly improve the financial performance of its clients without impacting on their core business. Our specific expertise is in the optimisation of Research and Development (R&D) Tax Relief and Credits and R&D grants. The role is a permanent and full-time position based in our High Wycombe office.
Your new role
- Recruiting a new team of R&D Tax Consultants
- Day to day management of team of consultants
- Responsible for working on own applications as well as overview and ultimate responsibility for team submissions.
- Identification of qualifying R&D projects and expenditure through participation in technical discussions with clients.
- Understanding the requirements for R&D tax relief and applying them with respect to clients' development activities to ensure the relevant tax legislation and guidelines are met.
- Creating clear technical and financial documents to justify R&D activities to UK tax authorities.
- Undertaking the technical assessment of claims and producing the technical summary.
- Supporting R&D Tax Relief claims in the event of HMRC R&D enquiries.
- Liaise with HMRC on client's behalf.
- Determining the appropriate method of data collection through background research into clients and their relevant industries.
- Managing client's R&D claims from start to finish.
- Keeping clients updated on the ongoing development of the R&D tax relief scheme
What you'll need to succeed
- Experienced Manager/Team leader
- Experience of recruiting and growing a team of Tax Consultants
- Experience in setting up a new R&D tax claims division desirable
- Be a qualified Tax Consultant/Accountant with several years experience processing CT600s and R&D claims
- Considerable experience across UK Corporation Tax
- Experience in dealing with HMRC and other Tax authorities
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under own initiative
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Share options
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.