Outstanding opportunity to work for this global financial services business as a Senior Tax Accountant.
Your new company
Global financial services organisation. Highly respected brand.
Your new role
- Responsibility for EMEA tax compliance, such as tax returns, payments, and creditor reconciliations, across several jurisdictions, including management of outsourced providers and Hyderabad tax team resource. Review/preparation of EMEA statutory disclosure notes under IFRS/local GAAP for inclusion in financial statements and management of audit queries.
- Lead on UK tax compliance, reviewing tax computations prepared by Hyderabad tax team resource, and preparation of more complex aspects of UK compliance such as CIR returns, capital allowance reviews etc. Management of group payment arrangement, including review of payment calculations, recharges and closure notices. Review/preparation of UK statutory disclosure notes for inclusion in financial statements and management of audit queries.
- Review US GAAP quarterly and year end reporting for UK/EMEA entities prepared by Hyderabad tax team to ensure accurate and timely reporting to head office. Assist with the review/preparation of forecasts for UK, EMEA and Asia Pacific Group companies.
- Prepare/review annual CFC review including keeping up-to-date with CFC legislation and identifying risks and opportunities.
- Assist with transfer pricing compliance activities for entities across the group including preparation of contemporaneous documentation, preparation of the Group's country by country report and managing country by country notification requirements. Assist with the intercompany agreement process including drafting, reviewing and management of agreement database.
- Support preparation and calculation of intercompany recharge allocation models, including working with key stakeholders in the business to determine appropriate allocations for their functional areas. Track and monitor related party transactions, gather and analyse data on intercompany transactions.
- Identify and ensure UK legislative changes and changes to accounting standards are reviewed and implemented as appropriate in a timely manner
- Maintain DAC 6 database and manage review of potentially reportable cross-border arrangements
- Work with colleagues in Corporate Reporting, Treasury and Legal to progress legal entity rationalisation programme
- Assist the Head of Tax, EMEA & Asia Pacific or Tax Managers with ad hoc research and projects including transfer pricing, corporate structuring and international tax issues
- Assist with continuous process improvement to maximise efficiency, including automation, and coaching of Hyderabad tax team.
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent qualification (or jobholder is able to demonstrate equivalent academic calibre) with professional accountancy qualification or equivalent tax qualification
- Good understanding of the UK tax legislation including CFC legislation
- Must be fully numerate with strong analytical skills
- Experience of automated tax provisioning systems (e.g. Longview, HTP etc) preferable
- Experience of UK tax return preparation software such as OneSource, Alphatax preferable
- Understanding of transfer pricing fundamentals and knowledge of the OECD Transfer Pricing Guidelines is preferred.
- Proven experience in corporate tax
- Experience in transfer pricing is preferred but not essential
- Experience in financial services preferred but not essential
Other Personal Attributes Required
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and able to deal with people of all levels
- Team player
- Highly motivated
- Computer literate with advanced excel skills
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.