Rutherford Cross is delighted to be retained by Cairn Energy to recruit a Senior Tax Advisor / Senior Manager to manage group tax compliance (corporate tax) both UK and overseas, working with and assisting the Group Tax Manager. In addition to managing tax compliance, there will be project driven work across various areas of the business and the individual will provide advice to colleagues on a day to day basis. The role itself will have a strong level of autonomy within the business and will require a resourceful, confident person who can advise different stakeholders within the business.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an internationally respected company as an in-house tax advisor.
Reporting to the Group Tax Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Review tax computations of active (and dormant as required) UK companies to submission level for final review by Group Tax Manager
- Review draft replies to any HMRC correspondence
- Review quarterly CT payment recommendations (as required)
- Ensure timely overseas compliance re foreign branch/entity (including any branch accounts filings)– involves liaison with overseas advisors and local staff
- Undertake initial research into new countries and advise on set up structure
- Review the tax in monthly/interim/ annual group forecasts and analyse movements
- Prepare monthly group current and deferred tax journals
- Review interim and year end current and deferred tax provisions and prepare tax notes for group and solus accounts
- Advise on VAT issues/ efficiencies
- Review inter-company loan agreements and advise on tax efficient group funding arrangements
- Review and maintain transfer pricing files for all relevant UK companies
- Provide assistance in project work, including any due diligence work, as required
- Advise Supply Chain department on tax clauses for procurement contracts both UK and overseas
- Ad hoc technical research & advice on UK and international corporate tax, VAT and employment issues
The Senior Tax Advisor role requires a technically strong corporate tax professional who can work autonomously and with confidence to establish credibility from internal stakeholders. An up-to-date knowledge and practical experience in international tax (gained from working in the UK) is essential for this role.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- CTA or CA qualification with relevant experience in corporate tax, obtained either in an accounting firm, working with large corporate clients, or from industry
- Excellent UK corporation tax knowledge, including PAYE / NIC and VAT
- Practical experience of international tax issues
- Compliance and advisory experience
- Commercial awareness
- Good interpersonal skills and flexibility
- People management skills and experience
- Good organisational skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with IFRS
- Ideally – oil and gas tax experience (not essential)
To apply, have a confidential discussion, or to see a full Position Profile, please contact retained advisor Amy Borthwick at Rutherford Cross on T: 07494280152 or E: email@example.com.