Your new company
I'm delighted to be working with a leading professional services organisation who provide a 'best in class' service to customers across the globe. As a flagship organisation in their sector, they take pride in being a leading organisation providing outstanding customer service to all internal and external stakeholders, leading from the front in all aspects of service delivery to customers and in the packages and opportunities they provide to staff internally.
Your new role
The organisation are pleased to be able to offer an exciting opportunity to join their central finance team based in Sheffield (with the option to be based from another local office in Leeds for some of the time however with commitment to some regular travel to Sheffield), with the option to work flexibly from home as well as 'in office'.
You'll be joining an established finance team looking for a Senior Tax Assistant, who will be a key part of a highly talented team of tax professionals striving for excellence. This unique opportunity is suitable for a qualified/part-qualified finance professional with experience in tax, encompassing an extensive strategic tax advisory and compliance agenda with a senior stakeholder audience, including the implementation of tax policies, tax risk management and internal stakeholder/ client relationship management within a global organisation.
The role is within the Central Finance Team and will be based in Sheffield (or Leeds with committed time spent with the central team in Sheffield) and will benefit from a dynamic agile working policy with opportunity to be both home and office based. The successful candidate will become a part of their "best in class" tax team, and will be provided with an excellent opportunity of professional growth within an international, commercially minded and professionally established finance function.
Your role will encompass:
- Income tax computations
- Capital allowances computations
- Prepare / review corporation tax computations for UK companies
- Prepare / review the calculation of payments on account each quarter (if required) and any balancing payment on finalisation
- Assist with the yearly budgeting process
- Review or calculate tax charges for inclusion in statutory accounts for UK entities
- Review of consolidation packs of Belgian and German operations
- Initial preparation of the UK aspects of the partnership level deferred tax calculations
- Assist with the reconciliation of the UK profit allocation to taxable profits
- Assist with the preparation of the deferred tax report to tax committee
- Perform an annual review of tax and statutory compliance deadlines in co-ordination with other Senior Tax Assistant(s) to ensure compliance calendar is accurate
- Assist in the review of CbC reporting data
- Follow up / escalation where quarterly tax checklists are not completed and returned (including inadequate completion)
- Review own tax processes at least annually, with a view to identifying areas for improvement
- Seek to identify areas for improvement in other tax processes for which the Tax Managers and Senior Tax Managers have responsibility
- Assist with the development and maintenance of tax risk management processes and controls.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 2-years' experience of working in tax and be able to apply that existing knowledge and experience to new situations / scenarios
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with the ability to influence, negotiate and persuade
- Demonstrate a flexible and collaborative personal working style
- Build and maintain strong relationships across all levels within the organisation
- Interpersonal skills to work as part of a larger team to deliver seamless services to the partnership
- Comfortable working alongside more senior stakeholders
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working to conflicting timescales and multiple priorities in a robust and fast-paced environment
- Be able to balance a high volume of work and deliver consistently high-quality work under pressure
- Be a self-starter, who is able to work on their own initiative as well as being part of a team, and have a strong client service orientation
What you'll get in return
You'll benefit from a market leading benefits package, offering strong intangible benefits across the board.
The organisation are open to conversations about how best to tailor agile working arrangements to suit both the organisation and you as a candidate, something they have effectively been delivering for a number of years already.
- Salary - up to £40,000 p/a depending on experience and qualification
- Holiday entitlement of 28 days + statutory leave (plus the option to purchase an additional 5 days)
- Pension contribution of 5% employee/6% employer
- Private medical insurance + enhanced sickness pay
- Income protection & life insurance
- Various other exceptional benefits in line with market leading packages
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.