Businesses need help to unleash the potential that is latent within them – too often they don’t have the objectivity to spot new opportunities that will help them evolve and grow.
Leyton helps them do just that. Founded in France in 1997 and now operating all over the world, we find opportunities in our clients’ processes and ways of working with them that others can’t see, then unlock them to create value efficiently.
In the UK, we have over 250 employees and offices in London, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
We advise clients on all aspects of innovation funding, energy consultancy, capital advisory.
Senior Tax Director
At Senior Director level, we are looking for a highly experienced tax specialist, working with the application and operation of UK Innovation incentives regime. We are seeking someone with extensive experience working with corporation tax, ideally covering R&D for a good number of years to continue leading the high level of success Leyton has experienced in the last 10 years. All while identifying and championing any potential new tax service offerings that will help Leyton diversify its current client base.
This role will rely on you to work with key stakeholders within the business and external partners to excel the continuous growth of our business with a particular focus on the large scale corporate client base. You will also need to use your professional tax knowledge and experience to resolve any complex claim related controversies.
- Advise delivery teams and client service advisers on complex tax related matters and HMRC enquiries.
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with existing and new clients, industry partners and internal stakeholders across the business.
- Drive business development initiatives, identify new innovation and tax related offerings and pitch for new opportunities, both domestic and international.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Experience working in a leadership position demonstrating strong communication skills to convey a customer focused approach across all deliverables while maintaining an overall strategic foresight.
- Extensive experience in Corporation Tax and R&D tax relief (ideally), and its practical and technical application across HMRC claims.
- Excellent attention to detail, ensuring you can be relied upon as the final proof for all tax legislation and technical information.
- Experience working closely with HMRC to define and agree claim methodologies and eligibility while working with flexibility to best tailor them to specific client needs.
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course
- Working knowledge of various innovation incentive regimes such as Patent Box and Creative Sector Tax Relief schemes are essential.
Package: £High DOE + Bonus & Excellent Benefits
Hours: Standard Business Hours Monday - Friday (flexibility is required)
Thank you for reviewing this vacancy. Should you apply for this role, your personal data will be processed in accordance with our privacy notice. See the link below.
Any questions relating to privacy notice, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org