A mixed tax role spanning VAT, Corporation Tax, Employment Taxes and Stamp Taxes within a small internal tax department. Reporting to the Head of Tax, the successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the Tax Department with responsibility for Governance, Reporting, Compliance and Business Change. This role offers the successful candidate a key role within a leading Construction Company's Tax Department with a wide variety of responsibility.
Maintain and enhance the Group's Governance processes and controls, including:
- Internal Tax Manuals - Periodic review and enhancement
- Tax Auditing to ensure Business Unit compliance (in person / remotely)
- Preparation of Tax Newsletters, with support from Tax Managers
- Tax Training - development of online material, with support from Tax Managers
- Corporate Criminal Offence - maintaining appropriate procedures
- Timely preparation of Interim and Full Year tax workings and disclosures, with support from Group Tax Manager
- Internal Tax Budgeting and Forecasting and related commentary
- Review of Corporate Tax returns prepared by Group Tax Manager (including Corporate Interest Restriction Returns, Group Module and review of significant / unusual items).
- Acting as point of contact with external advisors / claim providers e.g Land Remediation Relief.
- Prepare and submit Country by Country reporting returns, and co-ordinate non UK submissions.
- Transfer Pricing: Ensuring the Group is complaint with UK and Spanish requirements
- Oversight of HMRC enquiries / disclosures - coordinating or reviewing responses as required.
Acting as project lead for a variety of business change events (e.g. M&A activity or legislative change) with the support of Tax Managers, including;
- Providing / Coordinating Tax advice to Business Units on:
- Company acquisitions / disposals, and post acquisition land transfers
- Joint Venture / Business Partnering opportunities
- Business projects / initiatives
- Assessing the impact of legislative change and working with colleagues (e.g. IT) to implement change.
- Drafting consultation responses
What you'll need to succeed
An accounting or tax qualification
Experience of most of the above duties
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.