Pure Search has been engaged by a large, UK-headquartered banking group who are looking to hire a Senior Tax Manager into their continental European subsidiary, based in Frankfurt. This is a unique opportunity for a tax professional with first hand Financial Services industry experience to join one of the biggest names in banking as they considerably grow their German presence as part of their post-Brexit strategy.
Reporting to the European Head of Tax, and working closely with the Global Head of Tax in London, you will be responsible for a range of different tax areas, including:
- Helping define tax strategy across the European market, contributing to tax policy and enacting sustainable legislation in key jurisdictions
- Oversee provision of European tax advice by external providers in the German, French and Swedish markets
- Operate the forecasting, reporting and tax compliance processes for Germany, France and Sweden corporation tax, bank levy and withholding tax
- Tax Risk Management for Corporate Tax, Withholding Tax and VAT in accordance with the laid out tax procedure
- Manage relationships with tax authorities across key European jurisdictions.
- Deputising for the EU tax leader when necessary
This role requires a qualified Steurberater (StB) with 5+ years' post-qualifying experience either working directly within the banking industry, or alternatively with a Big 4 or Accounting firm focusing on Financial Services. Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate must speak fluent German and have strong English speaking, reading and writing skills.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Callum McWhinnie at Pure Search or apply online.