- Manage the direct tax compliance and reporting requirements of the group including group reporting and statutory accounts
- Provide direct tax advice and work with project teams on key corporate projects
- Oversee compliance and controls processes for direct tax
- Provide direct tax advice to all areas of the business as required
- Own the strategic agenda for direct tax
- Review implications of proposed new business systems/ processes and assess their impact and provide direct tax input including supporting on finance transformation project
- Own the relationship with HMRC CT officer
- Manage the direct tax team and support the development of team members
- Role will require some UK travel
- Ability to work autonomously, under pressure to agreed deadlines, applying sound technical judgement and a drive to resolve issues in the correct way. Demonstrate practical and commercial understanding of issues and a resilient and adaptable attitude to problem solving.
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge
- Completion of HMRC requirements accurately and on time
- Demonstrate good knowledge of tax accounting
- Communications: distil technical information in a simple way to non-technical staff and demonstrate excellent inter-personal skills. Build positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Supporting overarching business goals
- Able to work effectively as part of a team