This investment management business is the global custodian to a wide variety of assets. These assets include investments into listed corporates, private equity funds, venture capital and real estate.
Reporting to the Head of Tax, you will be part of a small commercially engaged team. Based at the global headquarters in London, this is a unique opportunity to support the Head of Tax and the Investment Team, legal and finance teams in providing tax input into UK and international investment projects. As part of this role you will also personally manage a complex compliance portfolio. Advisory work will include supporting on funding structures and ensuring legislation is embedded correctly.
The ideal candidate would have asset/investment management experience, structuring experience also US experience would be very beneficial.
- Support investment projects and international funding structures by advising on structuring and opportunities to optimise UK and foreign tax costs
- Review and develop new procedures to optimise foreign tax costs.
- Responsible for the oversight and co-ordination of foreign compliance matters, including filing returns, liaising with agents and claims for tax reliefs as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Work with team in US to advise and manage their compliance deadlines
- Co-ordinate tax input to the Financial Statements, financial planning, hedging and budgeting processes with the wider Finance Team
- Assist with review of financial instruments
- Manage the collation of data for and review of compliance work carried out by external service providers and manage their deliverables and service.
- Prepare tax computations and filing UK tax returns for the investment activities.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and ensure agreed deadlines are met. Ensure ongoing communication with stakeholders and clear reasons are provided for advice given.
- Liaise with HMRC staff regarding projects, compliance and maintain a good working relationship with them.
- Work with external stakeholders to ensure Group complies with HMRC regulations, which will include liaising with third parties for example ; groups custodian, investment managers and advisors
- Keep up to date with relevant tax legislation, practice and guidance
- Competitive base salary, bonus and pension
- Truly unique and varied opportunity
- Central London location in suburb offices
- Tax input to over £25bn of assets under management
- Small commercially exposed team
For a confidential discussion, please contact Rebecca Sheehan at Nebula-Partners directly;