Fast-growing professional services firm in the heart of SW London looking to recruit a senior Tax Supervisor
Your new company
I'm working with a fast-growing professional services firm based in the heart of South West London. The business serve high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs, start-ups, and owner-managed businesses in the local area, as well as the West End and the City.
Your new role
This supervisory role in their Private Client Tax Department will suit an experienced and technically minded individual, looking for a step into management.
The role is a varied and interesting one, within a very busy and growing department, so there is ample opportunity for career progression.
The Private Client Tax Department is responsible for a portfolio of clients who need assistance with Personal Tax Returns and full support with ongoing advisory issues which regularly arise. This newly created position will take the team to 5 full-time permanent members.
The successful candidate will manage a portfolio of clients commensurate with their level of experience. Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing Tax Returns prepared by junior members of staff;
- Managing consultancy/advisory assignments for Private Clients and, as required, clients of other departments within the firm;
- Handling HMRC enquiries, with suitable back-up as and when required;
- Liaising with corporate departments and providing assistance with personal Tax Returns attached to clients within those departments as required;
- Managing junior members of staff;
- Reporting regularly to senior staff;
- Supporting new business development by attending prospective client meetings, preparing quotes and engagement letters and assisting with the on-boarding process.
What you'll need to succeed
- ATT qualification or equivalent;
- At least studying for CTA;
- At least 4 years' experience of working in a professional tax department, preferably a private client tax department;
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely with clients;
- Team leadership experience;
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements;
- Interest in non-domiciled individuals;
- Confidence to research answers to queries and present solutions to managers and partners;
- Strong ability to multi-task and exceptional organisational abilities;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to manage priorities and re-negotiate if necessary;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team on urgent issues;
- Ability to provide guidance and assistance in effecting solutions;
- Good typing skills.