Senior Trust Manager job with Top legal firm, Norwich or Cambridge
Hays are recruiting a Senior Trust Manager (STEP, CIOT or ATT qualified) for a modern and forward-thinking law firm. Reporting to a partner, you will be part of a dedicated trust administrative team which is part of their wider Private Client National Service Line. The role can be based from either Norwich or Cambridge, although you must be prepared to work in Norwich at least 2 days per week and will also be required to travel to the Birmingham and Manchester offices on occasion.
As the Senior Trust Manager you will assist with the management of trusts overseeing the consolidation of their trust administration business in one centre of excellence (Norwich), and to lead and manage that centre. The work undertaken in the private client team involves will drafting, estate planning, complex tax planning, trusts and estate administration, preparation of lasting powers of attorney, charity advice and administration on behalf of a range of private clients, trustees and charities. The firm acts for wealthy families and individuals, business people and landowners.
You will advise a range of clients specialising in trust advice and administration, and including
- tax planning advice regarding all aspects of trusts
- inheritance tax calculations
- management and administration of complex trusts to include maintenance and preparation of all related accounting records and HMRC returns
- FATCA/CRS/Trust Register reporting
- In addition, you will supervise a team of trust administrators and will work closely with others across the firm to oversee the transfer of business from our other offices to Norwich as part of a consolidation project.
As you would expect from a leading legal firm and a firm listed as a "Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For" for the last 17 years, you will receive a generous salary and benefits package. Everyone has different priorities and preferences, so our client allows you to choose the benefits that appeal to you. From buying holiday and undergoing health screening to leasing a bicycle - the choice is yours.
The core benefits are:
- Equal all staff bonus based on the firm's financial performance
- Generous pension including the option to salary sacrifice
- Five weeks' annual leave and the option to buy or sell a week each year
- Extra day of leave for wedding/civil partnership, religious holiday and house moving
- Bonus week leave every 11th year of continuous service
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Income protection after two years' service
- Life assurance with the choice of covering between two and 10 times annual basic salary
- Confidential employee assistance programme providing guidance on every day issues to more complex matters and both telephone and face to face counselling
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.